“We believe that every older adult should have the opportunity for independence and self-determination within our community. Through education, information and services, we strive to enhance their quality of life. Therefore we envision the Columbia-Montour Aging Office, Inc. as taking a prominent role in being the entry point to all long-term care services.”
COLUMBIA/MONTOUR AGING OFFICE, Inc. TEMPORARY CLOSES SENIOR CENTERS DUE TO COVID-19
Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, all senior centers in Columbia and Montour counties will be closed for a minimum of two weeks as a precautionary measure due to the Coronavirus. The centers are located in: Benton, Berwick, Bloomsburg, Catawissa, and Danville.
Older adults who attend the centers and have specific needs can request meals. These meals will be picked up at the centers until they can be placed on a weekly home delivered meal route.
The Agency continues to follow the guidance from the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
All other Agency programs and services will continue at this time.
The Agency reminds older adults to remain safe by doing the following:
- Only going out of your home when absolutely necessary.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available. 60% alcohol is best.
- Wipe down surfaces frequently including: telephones both landline and cell, all remotes, countertops, light switches, door knobs, and other items one touches on a regular basis.
- If you are feeling sick, stay home until you are feeling better.
All questions or concerns regarding older adults in Columbia and Montour counties can be referred to the Agency at 570-784-9272.
Farmers’ Market Produce Vouchers
Please fill out the application in the link below and either email or mail it to us.